A pinch of history and a taste of Naxian culinary delights in a stroll around Hora’s main sites and mouthwatering locations.
The city of Naxos, also known as “Hora”, definitely has more than meets the eye. Tons of history packed in just a few square kilometers and so many options to choose from! Let us take you to the places that we think best tell the story of this island as a whole.
In this foodie tour you will be taken for a walk around the Old Town and the Venetian Castle, where you’ll visit a family-run tavern to savor traditional Naxian recipes, before climbing up the Castle to enjoy a snack inspired by the Venetian presence on Naxos and how the Italian conquerors influenced its cuisine too, while gazing at the breathtaking views from the highest point. Then, you will be taken to Town’s oldest grocery to check out herbs, olives, a variety of cheeses and oh so much more.
Off to one of the oldest liqueur stores of Naxos, where the original PDO Naxian liquer, the famous “Kitron” is distributed from. And to close the walk in style, a visit to a cute wine bar hidden in the heart of Naxos Town where the young, knowledgeable and passionate wine producer will guide you through a wine tasting session of Greek varieties only.
- Traditional recipes tasting in family-run tavern
- Informative walk up the Venetian Castle
- Visit to a terrace café for a Venetian-inspired snack
- Old grocery store visit and tasting of traditional products
- Old liqueur store and local PDO liqueur tasting
- Wine bar visit and Cycladic wine tasting session
- Only available in the afternoon
- Duration: 4 hours approx.
- Ideal starting time: between 5.30pm and 6pm
- No transportation included but can be arranged at a small extra cost
- All food and drinks are included
- Guiding services along the way
Minimum 2 people 180€ total
We know you value flexibility and we want you to have peace of mind when booking with us. We understand that due to Covid-19 restrictions and limitations, you might have to change your plans in the last minute and we’re here to help.
In the case that you are unable to attend the scheduled activity, your deposit will be refunded or partially refunded according to the following fee schedule:
Beautiful properties to rent for your holidays. Select the perfect villa for your family.