A delicious tribute to one of nature's most precious gifts, one that has been offered to the island of Naxos with abundance. Another important yet unsung reflection of the local culture.
Join us for an imaginary trip to different times, when olive oil production was a much more painstaking process and Naxians celebrated in appreciation of what nature so generously offered to them. Enjoy an idyllic olive oil tasting underneath a 5.000 year old olive tree, a living and breathing monument and witness how this island is blessed with fertility and self-sufficiency. Visit an old olive press and try to picture it in operation just a few decades ago, before you enter one of the island’s 5 modern day presses to learn how technology evolved the same basic principles and helped raise the standards of olive oil extraction.
- Visit to an amazing natural wonder: a 5.000 year old olive tree
- Olive oil tasting underneath the tree
- Visit to two olive presses, one old and one modern
- Presentation of the extraction process by press owner
- Traditional olive oil recipes tasting
- Duration: 5 hours approx.
- Ideal starting time: between 9.30am and 11.30am
- Pick up and drop off at guests’ accommodation
- All food and drinks are included
- Guiding services along the way
Minimum 2 people price 540€
We know you value flexibility and we want you to have peace of mind when booking with us. We understand that due to Covid-19 restrictions and limitations, you might have to change your plans in the last minute and we’re here to help.
In the case that you are unable to attend the scheduled activity, your deposit will be refunded or partially refunded according to the following fee schedule:
Beautiful properties to rent for your holidays. Select the perfect villa for your family.